Saturday, November 10, 2012

Giving Thanks, Day 9

Yes, a day late. My bad.

So today/yesterday, I'm grateful for friends! Friday I watched a friend's kids so she and her husband could go on a date. :) They have four kids, who are a ton of fun. I had a blast (and really wore the kids out, since I forced them to be outside for over an hour...it was too beautiful to stay in our little townhome all afternoon! So they ran. A lot. Mwuahahahaha...)! I was glad for the opportunity to sort of pay Melissa back, since she's watched our kids several times, in addition to helping me can stuff. I wouldn't mind doing it again, either! Although, admittedly, it WAS nice to have a quiet house after they were gone and our kids were in bed. Amazing how exponentially louder it gets, the more kids you have in one place.

I've had a lot of friends over the years. Some new, like Melissa. Some super old, like Lindsay, whose just got married to an amazing guy a month ago. Some who have chosen to leave, which is always extremely painful for me. Some I've chosen to leave. Some that I've wronged horribly, and some who have done wrong by me. Some who forgive. Some who don't.

It's interesting to look back at my friends over the years. My friendships tell the story of my life, I think. They tell how I've grown and changed as a person. My friends have changed and shaped me, laughed with me, cried with me, and taught me valuable lessons. I'm grateful for each and every one of them, even those who no longer call me a friend.

Thank you for making me who I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment