Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Diet Update, Week 2

Still going strong and proudly on the wagon!

I still haven't really seen any change in my weight, but again, I didn't really expect to. I rarely even think about fast food these days, unless I'm writing an update! The soda thing is getting easier, although there are still occasions when I miss my Coke.

It might be all in my head, but I feel like I have more energy these days. I don't feel so sluggish. I don't feel like I've got a brick in my stomach after I eat! Woo hoo! Seriously, though, it definitely seems like my body is changing for the better in the absence of the crappy food I was eating.

I looked through all of our transactions on both credit cards and the debit card since January 1st of this year and tallied up how much we've spent on eating out this year. Not just fast food, but any eating out, including dates, special occasions, etc. I am just appalled at how much money we've flushed down the toilet! It's a ridiculous amount. Seriously.

Once again, more proof that my obsession with fast food is NOT WORTH IT! Not to my body, and not to my wallet! (And the amount isn't taking into account the cash I've spent, either. Which is probably a pretty high amount.)

Brett and I have talked about this several times throughout these 2 weeks. We've agreed that we're pretty much just done with fast food. The past 2 weeks have been an eye-opener. It doesn't take much more time to ensure that we've got food readily available at home, at it's a lot faster and less expensive.

I will most likely pick soda back up, but on a much more limited basis. Since we won't be eating out as much, there won't be such a big draw to drink it all the time. Pretty simple!

I'm really proud of myself, and proud of Brett, for committing to this, and keeping this committment.

No comments:

Post a Comment