Saturday, November 17, 2012

Giving Thanks, Day 16

Today I am grateful for my trials.

NOT because I enjoy suffering, or because I want to play the martyr. I don't. Really.

I have learned so much, and continue to learn about myself because of my trials. The adversity I have faced has made me a better person than I ever would have been without it. My abuse and my burn injuries have helped me to be a more compassionate, empathetic person. My history of abuse forced me to face truths about myself, and my fears of being a parent and continuing the cycle of abuse.

Because of what I have been through, I am strong. I AM strong. I am determined. (Sometimes stubborn or downright pig-headed.) I am patient. I love to serve and help others. And while my trials shape who I am, they do not define me.

I am grateful for a Father in heaven who knows me, and who knows what I am capable of. I know all of this is part of His plan for me, and that I have an important mission in life. I'm thankful for His faith in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment