Friday, November 2, 2012

Giving Thanks, Day 2


I am so grateful for temples. I am grateful for the knowledge that Brett and I will be together for eternity. I'm grateful that we can be together with our children, even after this life. My family is so important to me, and I feel so blessed to know that families are eternal.

After I was adopted, my family went to the Chicago temple (since the St. Louis temple wasn't built yet). I still remember that day and the spirit that I felt so strongly. I'm especially grateful for the opportunity to be sealed to my family. This is especially sweet for me since my dad passed away so long ago. I have the assurance that if I live my life the best I can, that I will be reunited with my dad and the rest of my family.

"Families can be together forever,
Through Heavenly Father's plan.
I always want to be with my own family,
And the Lord has shown me how I can."

(Families Can Be Together Forever, LDS Hymnbook)

No comments:

Post a Comment