Saturday, November 24, 2012

Giving Thanks, Day 24

I know most of you will probably roll your eyes, but I can't help myself. :)

I'm grateful for minor league hockey teams. Barbara, Brett, Amy, and I went to a hockey game last night! Since the NHL is locked out this season with no end in sight, we've been going through hockey withdrawals. Yes, for real. We miss our hockey.

Fortunately, Dayton has a minor league team, and we got to watch a really feisty hockey game, complete with a goalie fight partway through the first period. It was pretty fantastic. Dayton's team won, and fun was had by all! Amy has been asking for hockey lately, so she was pretty thrilled. (Yes, 'hockey' is one of, like, 15 words she'll say consistently. And it's always a question. Hockey? Hockey? Hockey?)

So, as silly as it may be, I'm thankful for the opportunity to partially satisfy our hockey appetites. Go Dayton Demonz! (Yes, with a 'z'. That's really how they spell it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment