Monday, November 12, 2012

Giving Thanks, Day 12


Yup. Today I'm grateful for medicine! Specifically, children's medicine. Amy's been sick today and has thrown up a couple of times..including on me. Not sure how she ALWAYS manages to vomit on me, but she does. Since today was the observance of a federal holiday, Brett was off work, so I got to jump in the shower while he dealt with the mess. (Poor guy. What a trooper.)

The one good thing about Amy being sick is that she's WAY more cuddly than usual. I'm not sure how it happened, but neither of my children likes to cuddle, and both will barely tolerate being held for more than 30 seconds, if that. So, when someone's sick, I actually get to cuddle with one of my kids! It's kind of nice.

At any rate, I ran to the store and picked up some lovely bubble gum-flavored Pepto Bismol for children. Sounds AWFUL, doesn't it? I shudder to imagine. But, apparently it worked, as we had no more puking incidents. We don't use a ton of medicine in our house, especially on the kids, but boy am I grateful it's available when we do need it! Over-the-counter meds and prescriptions alike.

I feel so blessed to live in a time when we have medications readily available so I can help my kids feel better and get better faster.

No comments:

Post a Comment