Friday, November 30, 2012

Giving Thanks, Day 30

Whew! You guys are probably so sick of me by now! It's been really hard to do this every day (or mostly every day....I fully admit that I had to back-date some of these. I'm not perfect.).

This past month has taught me a lot about myself. How countless my blessings really are. How deeply grateful I am for so many things in my life. How much more often I should be expressing my gratitude. How, once again, if I really am determined to do something, I CAN do it.

So today, I am grateful for my determination. I am grateful for my (rather large) stubborn streak. Although it has certainly brought me a lot of grief in the past, I'm learning more and more about how to use it in a positive manner. I'm learning how to be determined instead of stubborn...and there IS a difference.

I'm grateful especially for the many people in my life who have and continue to teach me. People, like my mom, who are not perfect, but who still manage to love me despite my shortcomings, and despite how much I have hurt them. I am grateful for their ability to forgive me, and for teaching me that it's okay for me to forgive myself.

I'm grateful for my life, for my ability to love and to be loved, for my freedom to choose, for my talents, and yes, even for my weaknesses and my trials. I am grateful for my ability to learn, even if it does take me 10 times longer than is any sort of right to learn from my mistakes.

I'm grateful for every blessing present in my life, and I'm grateful for this chance to enumerate some of them. They really are abundant and countless.

God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment