Monday, November 12, 2012

Giving Thanks, Day 11


I am so grateful for the men and women who defend our country. From those like my Grandpa who fought in World War II (and those who fought in earlier conflicts) to those who are fighting now in the Middle East, these men and women deserve nothing but our respect and support. These men and women are heroes.

Why? Because they risk their own lives to protect our freedom, and to protect those who cannot protect themselves. They protect our right to elect our president, and they protect our right to complain about it. They protect our freedom of speech, of religion, of assembly, the right to bear arms. They put themselves in danger every day, because it is their job.

I am honored to have veterans in my family. I am so proud of the service they have given to their country, and to me. And I am thankful for them, and for every veteran who has or will serve this country.

No comments:

Post a Comment