Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Upcoming Summer/Fall plans

I was planning on doing a couple of separate posts on this, but then I realized that since none of this has happened yet, there really wasn't a whole lot to say. I'll have to post, obviously, as things happen.

This weekend, over Memorial Day weekend, we're having a small family reunion. Grandpa Zimmerman, my mom's dad, turned 90 this year! I always have such a hard time remembering that Grandma and Grandpa are "that old" because to me, they've never really seemed "old". I mean, yeah, they're my grandparents, but they're just...not old. They're too active! I don't know. I guess, when I think of "old" people, I think of people with health problems that keep them from leading a normal life. That's definitely not the case with my grandparents! I've always enjoyed seeing them, and have so many fond memories of trips up to Minnesota to visit them. I'm excited to celebrate with them! So, we have a couple of my sisters coming in, my grandparents, and my aunts & uncles with their kids. I haven't seen most of them (at least, my cousins) for YEARS. Like, since the family reunion for G&G's 50th wedding anniversary. So I'm excited!

Let's see, what else? Brett and I are planning our vacation for July and trying to nail down some dates. We'll be driving to Ohio, staying with his parents for a couple of days, then going to Pittsburgh to visit his side of the family before returning to St. Louis, again via Ohio. I'm really excited. I've only been to Pittsburgh once, and that was only for a few hours for a hockey game. :) It'll be awesome to see the city and spend time with his family!

I'm also planning on going to Missouri Children's Burn Camp again this year as a counselor. I haven't been in a few years, since Brett and I started having kids. But this year, I'm actually available to go again! I'm really excited. I loved attending camp as a teen, and I really learned a lot about myself. It's one of many ways I try to give back to the burn community. I've also been involved in a couple of fundraisers this year, and will continue to volunteer to raise money for this cause I'm so passionate about.

Also exciting: I'll be going back to school in the fall! It really bugs me that I haven't finished my degree. We'd planned on my going back last fall, but then we got pregnant, and that certainly wasn't going to work! So this fall, I'll be finishing up my associate's at the community college, then transferring over to UMSL for the spring semester. If all goes according to plan (fingers crossed, since it so rarely does), I'll graduate in a couple years with my degree in English, emphasis on creative writing.

That's pretty much it for now! I'll try to be better about updating. Yikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment