Saturday, May 7, 2011

My mom!

I love my mom. I mean, that's sort of a "duh" thing that probably doesn't even need to be said. But it's true!

I didn't always like my mom, though. I know everyone goes through the whole "rebellious teenage" phase. My mom and I have REALLY different personalities, and she and I butted heads pretty much all the time. I remember when we would argue, I would get so angry that I used to scream "I hate you!" at the top of my lungs while I stomped up the stairs as loudly as I could manage. I did that literally every time we would argue until finally one day she told me I wasn't allowed to say it anymore because we both knew it wasn't true. So I never did. Granted, my screaming only changed to "I really don't like you right now", but it was better.

At any rate, our rather...tumultuous relationship started righting itself once I moved home, especially after I got married. I grew up. I changed, thank goodness. And I was much easier to get along with!

I know my mom isn't perfect. I know she's made mistakes. But I think my mom is pretty awesome. She wasn't perfect, but she did a good job raising me and my sisters. She is an amazing, strong person who loves me despite my faults and despite all the things I put her through. She deserves a day to be celebrated!

I just hope that I can be as good a mother as she is. I know I won't be perfect, or even close to it. But I hope I can do as good a job as Mom has.

No comments:

Post a Comment