Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Our special dinner

So, even though we did get to go out for dinner, I wanted to have a special dinner on Valentine's Day. After frantically searching and trying to figure out what in the world to eat, I got the recipe for Chicken Cordon Bleu from Kristin.

It. Was. AMAZING.

It turned out really well! Granted, anyone who watched while I was pounding the chicken would've laughed hysterically. I don't have a meat mallet (and couldn't find one at Schnucks, and didn't have time to go anywhere else), so I used my rolling pin! It was pretty amusing to be wielding that big, heavy rolling pin and whacking the chicken to death (all the while hoping the noise wouldn't wake Amy!). But, it worked well enough, and I have now demanded a meat mallet. :D

So, we had chicken cordon bleu, asparagus (yum), and potatoes. And I made chocolate covered strawberries for dessert:



They were surprisingly easy! I thought it would be more difficult/involved than it was. It was really amusing, though, and for anyone who knows Kristin, you'll understand why--Brett came home as I was finishing up with the strawberries, so I had the white chocolate in a little ziploc bag and was drizzling it over the strawberries. He took one look at what I was doing, looked at me, and said, "Oh, hi Kristin!" He's actually started saying that any time I do something that looks fancy. I certainly don't mind the comparison! I'm proud to be following in my sister's footsteps, though I've got a long way to go before I'm THAT good.

There were four strawberries left when I got up this morning (which surprised me). I ate them for breakfast, and thought of Miriam with her apple pie. It's got fruit in it! It just...happens...to be covered in chocolate. But it's still fruit. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment