Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Going on a date

Brett and I hadn't been on a "nice" (dressy) date in SO LONG. We've gone to a couple of hockey games, but not anything....nice. (Don't get me wrong, I love hockey and have been thrilled to go to those games!)

I went down to help out Mom and Heather on Friday and Mom was kind enough to agree to watch Amy for us so Brett and I could go out for dinner. I stopped by Kohls on the way down and found a dress I've been wanting for MONTHS on clearance for $28--down from $70! I couldn't resist. Mom and Heather helped me pick out my jewelry, and after I was finished helping Heather out, I went upstairs to get ready.

It was so funny, I felt all jittery and excited, just like I used to when we were still dating. I wanted to look PERFECT. And I have to say, I think I turned out looking pretty darn good! Of course, I think Brett is good-looking without really even trying. :D



So we went to our favorite restaurant on The Hill, Cunetto's. It's so delicious! We had a good time, despite the hour-long plus wait. After dinner, we swung by Ted Drewe's for ice cream before picking up Amy. And fortunately for all involved, Miss Amy was so good for Grammy! Hopefully that means we can go on another date soon(ish).

No comments:

Post a Comment