Thursday, February 10, 2011

Fun with friends!

I keep losing track of time. It really seems like the days all melt together now. I have to really think about it and try to come up with ways to remember what day it is! Like this morning. I had to think....okay, was last night Zumba, or was that the night before? (My aching muscles answered that question fairly quickly.) It's confusing.

So anyway, I've been super busy the last week or so! I go down to Mom's 2 or 3 times a week to help out with Heather. I'm sure I've written about this before, but I just love it! It's so much fun to spend time with them, even just hanging out. I'm glad that I've grown up so that I can really enjoy being with my family. They're such cool people!

This past Saturday, we had a game night with Heather, Chandra, and David and Karen Walker (and Laura H.). It was so much fun! We ordered Chinese food, and I made an awesome cake. Really, I'm not bragging. It turned out fabulously. I was so glad we got to have the game night, because it had snowed and for a while looked like Heather & Chandra weren't going to be able to make it. But it all turned out all right in the end!

The cake:



Then Sunday, of course, was the Superbowl. We were so excited! Our beloved Steelers played the Greenbay Packers. Alas, the Steelers decided not to show up for half the game, and Greenbay got a well-deserved win. But, the food was great, the company was fabulous (Brett, Amy, and me, Sue, Liz, Dustin, and Emett), and we had a good time! I really wish I'd taken pictures, but I only got a couple. I'll put those in the next post. For some reason Blogger does funny things when I try to post pictures.

I know it's still a few weeks away, but in March we're going down to Mississippi for my niece Kate's baptism. I'm so excited! Not only am I proud of her, but I get to see Sharon and her family and Shellie (who I usually count as part of the family, but just to clarify :D). I haven't actually gone to see them since they lived in Kentucky, and that was a while ago! She always makes such great food. I know, I focus on food a lot, but I love to eat, so I can't help it! I know we're going to have so much fun, and I'm looking forward to it. I feel like a little kid looking forward to vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment