Wednesday, November 16, 2011

I'm still here!

And I'm still pregnant! And on bedrest. That last part isn't so exciting.

I got a good report from my OB last week as far as my blood pressure and protein, so that was definitely a good thing. It looks like my pre-eclampsia is pretty mild, so yay! IF everything stays the way it is (which hopefully it will, since pre-e can escalate very quickly and without warning), I will NOT have to be induced. That would make me incredibly happy, even if it does mean I'm on bedrest for longer.

I just have to say this, despite knowing it will make Heather cringe: Bedrest sucks. Like, a lot.

I'm trying really hard to stay positive. I know this is just temporary, and I know it's the best thing for me and for baby David. But it is REALLY HARD. I feel completely fine, but I can't DO anything. It's really frustrating. Thankfully, we have a lot of help and support, so it could definitely be worse. At least we've got internet access! I'm bored most of the time, but I can't imagine not having the internet right now. I would be a basketcase.

I keep reminding myself that really, it could be harder. I can still get up, go to the bathroom, take care of Amy (mostly from the couch). I can scratch when I itch, I can feed myself, I can do my own hair (and sometimes even makeup). I remind myself that Heather has far more difficulties than I do, that her situation is permanent (at least in this life), and that she is STILL positive and happy. If she can do that, who am I to complain about a few weeks of bedrest?

We did have a scare this past Sunday. I hadn't felt the baby move more than a couple times in more than 12 hours. So, Sunday morning we packed up and went to the hospital to get monitored after trying every trick in the book to get him to move. Admittedly, I was panicking. Who wouldn't? Brett gave me a priesthood blessing before we left. Usually the blessings I receive are very comforting and reassuring. Yeah....that one wasn't. I was kind of disappointed, to be honest, because it only made me worry MORE. Especially considering a family member's loss very late in pregnancy because of a cord accident. Decreased fetal movement, especially as extreme as it was Sunday, is NOT something I will mess around with.

At any rate, we were monitored for a couple of hours. David's heart rate was good. I had a couple contractions, apparently, not that I noticed. The resident came in and did a long, thorough ultrasound. He looked great! His heart was beating properly, there was good blood flow, and we even got to see him take a few practice breaths. She also noted that the cord wasn't (at that point) up by his neck, which was an incredible relief for me. He moved a few times at the hospital and seemed to be perking back up. She estimated his weight around 5lb6oz (although ultrasounds are notoriously unreliable for fetal weight).

His movements picked back up like they normally do, so I'm back to being relentlessly attacked by my child. At this point, I don't mind. I'm so relieved that everything is okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment