Saturday, April 30, 2011

Cake post!

I know, I'm slacking again. I've just been so tired lately. *sigh*

April's cake was something a little different. I've been doing chocolate cakes (and a red velvet) til now, which believe me, is fantastic since I love chocolate. But I wanted to branch out a little bit. So this month I picked something a little....springier.

And...voila! Key lime cake.


So, as you can see, I made a three-layer cake. For a first attempt, it turned out well although I wasn't completely satisfied with it. I couldn't find key limes anywhere, so I bought key lime juice, which worked fine. But I didn't have any zest, so the cake wasn't as lime-y as I would've liked. Either the cake needed to be more lime-y or the cream cheese frosting needed to be lighter. Or maybe a little of both.

Don't get me wrong, it was a good cake! But I would definitely tweak it if I made it again.

Not sure yet what May's cake will be. Probably a practice Norwegian princess cake so I can make one properly before Kyra's birthday in June. (Kyra being a friend from church desperately in search of a Norwegian princess cake for her birthday...literally for years, and unable to find anyone who can make one.)

Don't know what a Norwegian princess cake is? Neither did I. But it looks tasty. Here's the recipe I plan on using:

No comments:

Post a Comment