Saturday, April 16, 2011

Meeting NieNie!

For those of you who don't already know who Stephanie Clark Nielson is, you are just plain missing out.

She and her husband were in a plane crash in 2008. Both she and her husband were burned, Stephanie's injuries covering over 80% of her body. Despite her injuries, she has pushed through and is not only recovering, but maintains a positive attitude and rejoices in the life she has.

What an amazing woman and mother!

I've been reading her blog for a while, and as a burn survivor myself, she just amazes me. I know how difficult it is to be a burn survivor. How well I know! How well I remember the stares, the whispered (or not) comments, the pointing, the teasing and taunting.

At any rate, Stephanie came to St. Louis this weekend! She spoke at our Women's Conference about her accident, her recovery, and how her faith helped her through it. It was, quite honestly, one of the most touching and beautiful things I have ever listened to. Stephanie is so full of life and hope!

After the conference, my mom, my sister Heather, and I got to meet Stephanie in person. We had a good time talking and laughing together. She truly is a beautiful person, inside and out. I was so glad I got to give her a big hug before I left! I just couldn't say enough wonderful things about her. Really.

Heather with Stephanie:

Amy, Stephanie, and me:

For anyone who's interested, here's a link to her blog. I highly recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment