Monday, August 19, 2019

Lifting the Veil

I've lived under a veil of silence for over 4 years. I was so determined for so long to keep it to myself. To not "air dirty laundry" or drag his name through the mud. But I can't do it anymore. I have to be able to talk about it, to acknowledge the hell that has been my life for the past few years.

Over the next few weeks, I'll be going through the details of what's happened. I'll do so with as much clarity as I can, as accurately as I can remember. A lot of the little pieces are burned into my memory, to be honest.

It's going to be painful. And maybe it'll be hard to read, I don't know. If anyone even reads it. That's not the important part. The important thing is for me to go through this, to feel the emotions I need to feel. To be angry, to grieve, to feel regret and guilt, and to begin to heal. It's time to lift the veil.

Part 1: The Broken Shelf, or the Beginning of the End

No comments:

Post a Comment