Monday, September 24, 2012

Still here...with a hiccup or two.

I'm still here, I promise. School has started up again, and I'm enrolled in 2 classes this semester. I am loving every minute of it! Well, except for that one minute where I had a test that I thought was the next class period....Thankfully, I'd done the reading. Hey, look at that! I actually DO my homework these days! Hopefully that won't send Mom into cardiac arrest. :)

My classes are at the community college. I actually graduate with an associate's this semester in General Transfer Studies...oooooooh. Sounds so...useful. Ha. Well, it means when I enroll at UMSL next semester, all my general education requirements are fulfilled and I can focus on my major, which will be beautiful. And, it's a heck of a lot less expensive than doing a full degree at a four-year university.

So, I'm majoring in English, with an emphasis on creative writing. I'm really excited. I LOVE to write, although I certainly have room for a vast amount of improvement. But that's what I'm looking forward to! Once we're finished having kids and they're all in school, I will go back for my RN/BSN. I want to be a burn nurse! That's the master plan. But right now, Brett and I both feel very strongly that I need to be with our kids. I love being a mom, and these early years are so important. Nursing school is really intensive, with the classes, long hours of study, clinicals, and then the exam. PLUS, once you actually get your license, you have to have a certain number of continuing education credits every year and work a specific minimum of hours to keep up your skills. Really, it is a LOT of work. So for now, I'm following my OTHER dream, and doing it happily and with gusto!

Our little hiccup is that our computer...crashed. It just...I don't even know. It stopped taking us to the login page, and then would say it was trying to fix itself, but then go blank, and now it won't even do that. Fortunately, Brett's parents gave us their old laptop a couple of months ago, so we're not completely out of touch.

My major freakout is that ALL of our pictures are on the other computer. All of them. Since we got married. Every. Single. Picture. Our wedding photos. (Which I do have backed up.) Our honeymoon, our trips, parties, silly pictures of our cat. Pregnancy and childbirth x 2. Both kids. None of which are backed up. Which is completely my fault, which is why I am now freaking out. We'll probably fork out the money shortly to take it somewhere and pray that they can fix it or at least recover stuff from the drive. But facing the prospect of losing all those memories just kills me.

Also, this older computer doesn't (at least that I can find) directly accept the SD card from my camera, so for now, I can't upload any additional pictures.

Sorry, guys. You're stuck with boring, all-text posts for now. I guess you'd all better pray we can get the computer fixed! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment