Friday, September 14, 2012

A, B, or C?

Recently, Brett's Facebook status update read thusly:

Arrive home from work to find homemade peach cobbler waiting for me. Pop quiz: Is Laura
A. An amazing homemaker that likes to do nice things for me.
B. Buttering me up so I will say yes to something.
C. All of the above.
Whatever the answer I appreciate the dessert.

Technically speaking, the answer was pretty much A, although my statement would have been far more modest! I do like to do nice things for Brett, and with school having started recently, we've both been a bit more stressed than usual. We had some peaches that I'd been ripening, and then were at that perfect stage of exactly-ripe-but-will-be-bad-by-morning-so-you'd-better-do-something. Peach cobbler sounded good, so off to Pinterest I went.

I love Pinterest.

So, I found a recipe that sounded really good. I'm pretty picky about my cobblers. I find a lot of cobblers have one of two undesirable toppings, with a very narrow margin having what I feel is an acceptable topping. What's a bad topping, you may ask? Well, either it is 1) like a biscuit, which does NOT belong on top of my delicious, sweet cobbler, or 2) oatmeal-y and strange.

This topping? Not like that. It's light, semi-crumbly, and topped with exactly the right amount of cinnamon sugar. Delicious.

I totally meant to photograph the cobbler, but I was at class all evening, and then we were busy eating it. So, I got a quick shot before we polished it off tonight. I'm amazed it lasted 24 hours. It was AMAZING.

Want the recipe? Here's the link! It's from a woman's blog, so I won't copy & paste the recipe, but it is definitely worth a look.  Perfect Peach Cobbler

No comments:

Post a Comment