Tuesday, November 16, 2010

The holidays are coming! The holidays are coming!

I absolutely LOVE the holiday season. I just love everything about it! Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year. It's just fabulous. I look forward to so many different things, and it just makes the entire season so much fun! Here are some things I'm looking forward to this year.

~Thanksgiving

--We're going up to Brett's parents' house in Ohio. We really miss them since they moved away from us, so it's always fun to see them!
--Brett's ENTIRE family is going to be there! I'm so stoked about this. I don't think we've all been together since Brett and I were sealed. I know his family reads this, and I really don't mean to be corny, but I just love his family! I really hit the jackpot with all my in-laws. They are so much fun! So I'm really looking forward to spending Thanksgiving with them.
--The traditional Minster appetizers for lunch. Shrimp ball, stuffed mushrooms, and all the other yummy food. Delicious.
--Since we're going to be in Ohio for Thanksgiving, we're celebrating it early with my family. My sister Annette and her family are coming up a few days before the holiday, so we'll get to have Thanksgiving with them, Kristin and her family, and of course my mom, Heather, and Chandra. I just love spending time with family!
--And since Kristin is here, we're sure to have some amazing new food, too!

~Christmas

--We're spending Christmas here, with my family, so we'll get to take part in some of the Johnson family traditions. (I'm hoping Christmas Eve will include the long-standing tradition of Seafood Bisque....)
--My sister Sharon and her family are coming up for Christmas. This hasn't happened in so long! They do visit pretty regularly, but I don't usually get to see them for holidays. Her family is so great, and I just love spending time with Sharon! I'm really excited for this!
--Food. Of course, I could easily mention food any time we get together with ANY family, so....yeah. But I love food. And our family (on BOTH sides) knows how to cook some tasty, tasty food.

~New Year!

--We're going back up to Ohio to celebrate the New Year. I'm not sure about other plans as far as this holiday, probably because it's the furthest away. Regardless of what happens and who all is there, I know we'll have fun!


I know I've said it several times already, but I love spending time with family. Family has always been important to me. I've really enjoyed the past few months getting to know my sister Kristin better and spending time with her and her family. I never really had a relationship with my older sisters since I was little and obnoxious when they were teenagers, so it's been really fun lately. I enjoy it when my sisters come to visit so I can spend time with them, and I really look forward to their visits. I'm glad I live so close to Mom so that I can go down and see them at least once while they're here! I'm so excited to see so much family over the holiday season!

No comments:

Post a Comment