Sunday, July 25, 2010

Surreality

In looking back over my life, I've noticed something of a trend. I've had so many big changes in my life, both good and bad. Every time something changes, there's sort of a surreal feeling about it, often for a good long time. Like when Brett and I were married, it seemed really unreal for probably over a year. Like....wow. Am I really married?

I've really been noticing this lately. It's kind of hard to deny that I'm pregnant since it affects every aspect of my life. But it's still so difficult to wrap my head around the idea that I'm going to be a mom any day now. I know it's happening, but it just...doesn't quite seem real. I think it's my brain's way of adjusting to the changes, especially since they are such huge changes, like it takes some time to get used to. But it always sort of throws me off. Hm.

Just as an added bonus (sort of), here's a picture of me today at 39 weeks and 2 days. And yes, I look really tired. I don't think I have any makeup on.

No comments:

Post a Comment