Sunday, January 30, 2011

Oh, no.

If I didn't think it was obnoxious, I would fill a few lines with frown-y faces.

I totally spaced and forgot to update this last week. Well, lesson learned, keep on the ball.

Amy has been eating so well! We actually started her on solids...two weeks ago? I was planning on waiting til she was actually six months, but seemed so mesmerized every time she watched us eat, she was grabbing for the food.....so, I decided to bite the bullet and give it a shot.

She LOVES it! After a minor disagreement with an avocado, she has really picked up on the mechanics of eating to the point where she not only opens her mouth (somewhat greedily, in my opinion) but also will grab the spoon and shove it in her mouth. It's so cute! I'm hoping that with her getting additional food (as this is a supplement and not a replacement for nursing her yet) that she'll start putting some weight on. I know she's thin, but I would really like for her to start gaining more. Plus, then she'll fit better in her clothes. The poor kid is STILL wearing (some) newborn and 0-3 month clothes. And she'll be six months old on Thursday.

It's so hard to believe that it's been six months already! The time really does fly by. I love being a mom, and I'm glad there's a decent learning curve! I haven't done anything awful yet, so that's definitely a good thing.

I'll post another update this week, and I'm going to make a post with pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment