Monday, January 10, 2011

I hate being sick.

Well, yay. I've gotten to have my first experience of being sick as a mom. Not fun. At all.

I'd had a bit of a cough for a while, but unfortunately all hell broke loose over the New Year. The three of us traveled up to Ohio for the holiday to visit with Brett's parents, his brother Bodie and his family, and Brett's uncle David, aunt Gina, and cousin Bradley. It was so much fun!.....Except for the whole sick part.

So, in addition to my hacking cough, I also had extreme chest congestion, head congestion, and runny nose. I had a low-grade fever for a brief amount of time. I started feeling a bit better on Wednesday evening into Thursday morning. Then Thursday afternoon, I started having pain in my ears. It started out pretty mild, but within a couple of hours was excruciating. Once Brett got home from some errands he'd been running with Amy, we decided to go to an urgent care center. Good thing we did, because in addition to an upper respiratory infection, I'd managed to get an ear infection. I'm on antibiotics now, and feel a thousand times better.

Amy has also had a touch of a cough and a runny nose, but she has fortunately avoided any worse symptoms. Brett has gotten it now, and despite feeling poorly for several days, doesn't seem to be getting any worse. I'm looking forward to all of us feeling better.

Unfortunately, I also seem to have passed my illness to Bodie's family. I hope they don't suffer from it for long. I still feel bad about that, although of course, that was never my intention. I wasn't really sick when we left, but my condition deteriorated rather quickly. Ha, that sounds so medical of me.

Anyway, it seems like we're all on the upswing, which is a very good thing! This mom does not like being sick, especially since I have an infant to care for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment