Tuesday, March 9, 2010

My back hurts.

So, not the most creative title for a blog post, but I'm feeling decidedly un-creative today. I'm not really sure why. Maybe because my back has been aching for the past several days, therefore making it incredibly difficult to sleep (although the Benadryl helped a lot last night, so thanks Mom), which means that I'm tossing and turning all night and getting little rest, which only exacerbates the problem. Yuck.

It hasn't been a really eventful week (or two, or however many), and so I haven't felt like I have anything to write about. Little things happen, or I can't stop thinking (and worrying) about being pregnant, but then I feel like, why would someone want to read my complaints about my pregnancy? Or not even complaints, but really any part of it? And then I realized that, although I do hope people find my blog at least halfway entertaining, that's not really the reason why I'm writing it. I'm pregnant right now. That's a huge part of my life, and it affects everything I do. So if people don't want to read about me feeling fat (which only happens sometimes, like when I try to tie my shoes), then they don't have to read my blog. I'm just saying.

Anyway, probably the biggest thing that's happened lately is that Heather (my sister Heather, not Brett's sister Heather) had to go to the hospital a week ago. Long story short, she had a kidney stone that blocked drainage from her kidney, and she got an infection that reached her bloodstream, and she was septic. She'll probably post about in on her blog (which is amazing, by the way, if anyone hasn't already read it I would really encourage you to do so) in the next few days, so I won't steal her thunder. Suffice it to say that she was in the ICU for a week, and she's doing much better and got to go home last night. I was up at the hospital pretty much every day...actually, maybe it was every day expect yesterday, because I had to work. It's not crazy fun or anything, but I like being with my family, and I think it helps to have people to visit with when you're stuck there and can't do much else.

I've started the apartment search, since our lease is up on June 3rd and we are most definitely NOT staying in our current complex. Wow, I really dislike the people at the lease office. I'm going to have to post about that later. They're idiots, and they refuse to do anything about the myriad of problems we've reported, and I can't stand them. Plus, they are SO condescending when I try to talk to them, and if there is one thing in this world I can't stand, it is being talked down to. So. At any rate, I was really proud of myself, because I typed up a sheet so I could be all organized when I went around to different lease offices. I looked at seven different places, and I only spent 20-30 minutes at each since I didn't look at any of the units. I figured we'd narrow down the list to about four, and then go tour the places when Brett could go with me. It's fairly clear which two are the frontrunners, and there's one place in particular that we really like. So, we'll just have to see. Either way, we'll be moving at the end of May.

Thank goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment