Friday, July 29, 2011

Ah, bummer.

There went another of my goals for the year. I haven't blogged in almost two months. How does that even happen?

Well, I have been EXHAUSTED. As if running around after a very curious (and mischievous) almost-one-year-old weren't enough to keep me busy and tired, Brett and I found out toward the end of April that we're expecting another baby! This probably isn't news to anyone reading my blog, but oh well. You get to hear about it again anyway.

We were planning on trying fairly soon anyway, with the expectation that since it took us 2 years (and fertility drugs) the first time around, that it would be another uphill battle. Ha. I went off my birth control in January for several reasons, expecting that it would take a while for my cycles to regulate again, if they even did. 2 cycles later, and surprise! I was charting my temperatures to try to help track my cycles, and I noticed that my chart looked.....different. Yup. My eggo was definitely preggo!

My pregnancy with Amy was fairly easy. Yeah, I was nauseous, and I had pretty bad heartburn for the second half, and I was sore and tired, but overall it was a good experience. I was hoping it would be pretty similar for all my pregnancies. Ha! Yeah right.

I had killer morning sickness for about two months. I was incredibly nauseous all the time, threw up several times a day, and had tons of food aversions. Potatoes saved my life! At one point during our reunion, Sharon made me some potatoes. :D They tasted amazing. I seriously think I ate potatoes two or three times a day for most of two months. Finally, though, my nausea went away.

And instead, now I get to deal with incredible joint pain! Yay! Not. Round ligament pain is common and expected in pregnancy, since your body produces a hormone that relaxes your ligaments. I experienced it with Amy, and I got pretty sore toward the end of my pregnancy with her, probably in part due to the face that I was working 12-hour days. Lucky me, I've started having the same amount of pain NOW that I had 2 weeks before Amy was born. My OB was pretty alarmed, so it looks like I'll be going to physical therapy pretty soon. That's a good thing.

I'm just shy of 20 weeks now, and we had our big anatomy scan yesterday. We're now expecting a little boy, David Alexander. I'm starting to feel better (other than the pain in my hips, pelvis, and knees), and I have more energy. So things are looking up!

No comments:

Post a Comment