Friday, June 18, 2010

So much to catch up on!

Okay, so I'm going to completely bypass the fact that I'm a complete slacker and just move along with my post. :)

It's been really hectic the past couple months. We found a new apartment and moved, which is great because of course we need more room for the baby when she makes her appearance. I HATE moving, and it's always a really stressful time for me. Even more so this time since I couldn't help out very much as most of our furniture (and many of the boxes) were too heavy for me to lift. Fortunately Brett was great about it, and we had a couple of really fantastic friends come over to help us for a few days. Thanks, Liz and Dustin! Brett and Dustin managed to move all the furniture and most of the other stuff, leaving just some odds and ends for me to finish up, which was just fine. Long story short, we got out and got the old place cleaned up in time, and now we're nicely ensconced in our new place. It's been kind of slow going, getting everything where we want it, but we're almost done now. Finally!

Also, we finally got the crib & mattress ordered. I had been waiting til after we moved so that I could have it delivered to the new apartment (rather than having to move it with all our other stuff), and last time I went to place the order, it was out of stock! I have to admit, I freaked out a little bit, because they never give you a time frame for how long they expect it to be out of stock. So of course my prego brain starts going crazy and worrying about not having a crib, etc. But it's all good, I decided to check yesterday and it was back in stock! It was a little irritating, because they were supposed to email me when it came back in, but they never did. At any rate, I ordered the crib I want, and the mattress to go with it. I'm totally excited! I guess I'm really starting to feel the nesting urge now, because I just want to get things done! I know I'll be able to relax more when I'm not worrying about all of this stuff.

There's so much more to write about, but I'm going to make separate posts so it'll be easier to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment